The 2018 ParadeRun is open to runners of all levels.
Come support the Redwood City Education Foundation and the Redwood City School District by getting your steps in and your sweat on! This family-friendly 5K race is open to runners and walkers of all ages and abilities.*
Redwood City Education Foundation's ParadeRun 5K kicks off Redwood City's awesome 4th of July Parade with a run along the parade route. Come warm up the route and scope out the best spots to watch the parade.
* Sorry, no dogs. Note: kids 10 and under must run with a registered adult.
Early Packet Pickup:
July 2nd (Monday) | 10am - 2pm | A Runner’s Mind Los Altos | 378 Main St, Los Altos, CA 94022
July 3rd (Tuesday) | 10am - 2pm | A Runner’s Mind Burlingame | 1111 Howard Ave, Burlingame, CA 94010
July 3rd (Tuesday) | 4pm-7pm | Redwood City School District | 750 Bradford St, Redwood City, CA 94063
Race Day Check In and Packet Pickup: 6:30 am, Warren Street between Bradford and Marshall Streets.
Starting Line: The starting line is at the corner of Arguello and Marshall streets.
Race Start Time: The race will start PROMPTLY at 8:00 a.m.
Post Race Expo: Warren Street between Bradford and Marshall Streets.
Three clockwise loops around the 4th of July Parade route; after the third loop, continue straight back onto Arguello Street to the finish line.
BECOME A SPONSOR
The Redwood City ParadeRun is more than a race — it is a fun community event that kicks off the popular 4th of July Parade in Redwood City.
All race proceeds benefit the Redwood City Education Foundation – the only organization that raises funds for every student in the Redwood City School District. The Redwood City Education Foundation works to enrich and advance education opportunities for all students in the Redwood City School District.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I park?
- Parking is limited. The closest lot is the Caltrain lot on Perry Street, but it fills up quickly. On-street parking is also available west of El Camino Real or at the San Mateo County Center parking lot off Veterans Boulevard between Middlefield Road and Brewster Avenue. More information on downtown parking can be found here.
What course support will be available?
- Medical / first aid will be available at the start/finish line
- There will be porta potties located on the corner of Arguello and Bradford streets.
We'll do our best to make sure none of these details change, check back closer to race day, keep and eye on your email and our social media account, and listen for announcements before the race
What does my entry include?
- A technical t-shirt. (NOTE: we’ll do our best to have enough shirts for everybody at packet pickup, but shirts have to be ordered in advance and sometimes we guess wrong. Register early to help us make sure we have the right numbers of the right sizes!)
- Eligibility for age group awards
Can I transfer my registration?
- Entry fees are non-refundable. But If you can’t run, you can transfer your registration to another runner.
Where can I check my sweats?
- There will be a Sweats Check table located in the registration area. You'll need your bib number to pick up your items after the race.