The 2018 OktobeRun is open to runners of all levels.
The 2018 RC.OktobeRun is open to runners of all levels. From competitive runners on our USA Track & Field certified half-marathon, to a 5K fun run perfect for kids and their families.
The RC.OktobeRun half-marathon course is flat, partly off-road, and perfect for a personal record. Beginning in booming downtown Redwood City, the out and back course circles the saltwater marina at One Marina, joins the Bay Trail next to Bair Island in the San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge, and after some more roads to Redwood Shores, continues to a beautiful gravel and dirt trail next to Steinberger Slough. Almost half the course is next to the water or wildlife refuge at One Marina, Bair Island, or Steinberger Slough. The RC.OktobeRun 5K follows the same course, but turns around at the One Marina community next to Redwood Creek.
Weather is usually perfect for runners. Situated midway between San Francisco and San Jose, our location next to San Francisco Bay keeps our climate moderate and comfortable year round. The average high temperature in October is 73° and the average low is 49°.
The 5K follows the same course as the half-marathon, but turns around near the OneMarina community next to Redwood Creek.
The half-marathon is flat, partly off-road, and perfect for a personal record. Almost half the course is next to the water or wildlife refuge. Beginning and ending in downtown Redwood City, the out and back course circles the saltwater marina at OneMarina, joins the Bay Trail next to Bair Island in the San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge, and continues to a beautiful gravel and dirt trail next to Steinberger Slough in Redwood Shores. The course is USA Track & Field certified.
BECOME A SPONSOR
The Redwood City OktobeRun is more than a race — it is a fun community event that attracts serious and fun runners alike from the Bay Area and across the country.
OktobeRun sponsorship recognition opportunities ensure that thousands of Peninsula residents know you support this exciting run. Pre-event publicity directly reaches more than 4,000 Redwood City families with children, as well as large segment of Redwood City’s 75,000 citizens and the larger Bay Area running community. OktobeRun will also be publicized throughout northern California, including a range of media and social media channels.
* Source: 2013 National Runner Survey, Running USA.
Find out more about becoming a sponsor here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I park?
- There is ample parking, both free and paid, in downtown Redwood City.
- The closest free parking is the garage in the San Mateo County Government Center (on Middlefield Road just off Veterans Boulevard (#4 on the downtown parking map).
- The Marshall Street garage charges $2.50-per-hour and is one block over from the Start/Finish line (#1 on the downtown parking map).
- Both locations are approximately 0.2 miles from the Start/Finish, and have ADA accessible parking. For more information and the downtown parking map, click here.
- PLEASE DO NOT use the Kaiser Permanente Emergency Department lot between Veterans and Bradford and Main and Walnut for event parking! You may be towed, put lives at risk if the emergency department is more difficult to access, and you will jeopardize our ability to get the city's permission to host the race in the future.
What course support will be available?
- Water and sports drink are provided at the start and at seven points on the half marathon course. NOTE: there will only be water, not sports drink, at the first aid station
- Medical / first aid will be available at the start/finish line and at select aid stations along the course
- There will be 15+ porta potties at the start/finish line and 6+ on the race course, providing 14 possible pit stops along the course. ADA accessible units will be available at the start / finish line
We'll do our best to make sure none of these details change, check back closer to race day, keep and eye on your email and our social media account, and listen for announcements before the race
What does my entry include?
- A technical t-shirt. (NOTE: we’ll do our best to have enough shirts for everybody at packet pickup, but shirts have to be ordered in advance and sometimes we guess wrong. Register early to help us make sure we have the right numbers of the right sizes!)
- Eligibility for age group awards
- Half marathon finishers get a custom medal
Can I transfer my registration?
- Entry fees are non-refundable. But If you can’t run, you can transfer your registration to another runner.
What roads will be affected?
- Bradford between Jefferson & Main
- Main between Bradford & Marshall
- Marshall between Main & Maple
- 1x traffic lane of Maple between Marshall & Veterans
- Southwest traffic on Maple between Veterans & Blomquist
- Veterans Blvd between Maple & Main
- Bair Island Rd at Sea Anchor
- Skyway Rd
- Airport Way at Skyway Rd
- Pico Blvd
See the course map to see the course route and the roads affected.
Bradford will be affected from 5:30AM – 1:00PM; all other roads will be affected from 5:30 – 11:00AM.