OktobeRun is offering registration to Redwood City Elementary and Middle School students for free. Please contact your school office, OktobeRun school coordinator, or PE Plus coach for registration forms.
Deadline for submission is October 18.
You may pick up your racing bib number and T-shirt at these locations and times:
Friday, October 28, 11am – 2pm (location TBD)
Friday, October 28, 4-7pm at Redwood City School District, 750 Bradford, Redwood City.
Saturday, October 29, 6:15-7:30am at Redwood City School District, 750 Bradford, Redwood City.
Registration will open at 6:15 am on Race day. Registration will close at 7:14 for the half marathon and at 7:30 am for the 5K. If you plan to register on Saturday, please arrive early
LOCATION & PARKING
There is ample parking, both free and paid, in downtown Redwood City. The closest free parking is at the County Garage in the San Mateo County Government Center (on Middlefield Road just off Veterans Boulevard-see directions below). For more information and a downtown parking map, click here.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or roller blades, and personal music players/headphones are not allowed.
- Baby strollers are not allowed in the half marathon.
- Baby strollers participating in the 5k and walk-participants, please start at the back of the starting group.
- The half marathon course has a cut-off time of 10:30 (three hours from the gun-start of race). You’re welcome to run if you can’t make it back by 10:30, and you’ll receive your finisher’s medal if you finish the race. But after the cutoff time, the course will open to traffic and you’ll have to stick to normal pedestrian and traffic practices and laws.
- OktobeRun race officials have the right to disqualify, deny, or remove from the course any participant for any reason.
- Injured Runners that refuse treatment recommended by medical personnel and/or first-responders will need to sign a medical waiver
- Minors age 10 or under are required to participate with and be supervised at all times by an adult participant that is also registered for this event.
- Click here for the race waiver for other terms and conditions.
- Water and Gatorade are provided at the start and at seven points on the half marathon course. NOTE: there will only be water, not Gatorade, at the first aid station
- Medical / first aid will be available at the start/finish line and at select aid stations along the course
- There will be 15+ porta potties at the start/finish line and 6+ on the race course, providing 14 possible pit stops along the course. ADA accessible units will be available at the start / finish line
We'll do our best to make sure none of these details change, check back closer to race day, keep and eye on your email and our social media account, and listen for announcements before the race
- A technical t-shirt. (NOTE: we’ll do our best to have enough shirts for everybody at packet pickup, but shirts have to be ordered in advance and sometimes we guess wrong. If we run out of shirts in your size, we’ll make arrangements to get you a shirt.)
- Eligibility for age group awards
- Half marathon finishers get a custom medal
- Bradford between Jefferson & Main
- Main between Bradford & Marshall
- Marshall between Main & Maple
- 1x traffic lane of Maple between Marshall & Veterans
- Southwest traffic on Maple between Veterans & Blomquist
- Veterans Blvd between Maple & Main
- Bair Island Rd at Sea Anchor
- Skyway Rd
- Airport Way at Skyway Rd
- Pico Blvd
See the course map to see the course route and the roads affected.
Bradford will be affected from 5:30AM – 1:00PM; all other roads will be affected from 5:30 – 11:00AM.